Grandparents day greeting card ideas pictures
Grandparents day greeting card ideas pictures: A trip to grandma and grandpa’s house has been the source of joy for many children over the world. Even as those children grow up, no one could ever quite replace the love, guidance and unconditional support from their grandparents.
Whether it was grandma’s old-fashioned recipes or funny stories, or grandpa’s rough but affectionate ribbing, the impact a grandparent can make on our lives is unmatched. Whether was call them formally as grandma and grandpa or something sweet like granny or papa, or by their title in their native language, the world loves grandparents and thus has found many ways to say it. Grandparent’s Day 2017 is this Sunday, Sept. 10 and to celebrate, we’ve compiled a list of the most heartwarming and memorable quotes to honor the grandparents in our lives.
1. “Young people need something stable to hang on to – a culture connection, a sense of their own past, a hope for their own future. Most of all, they need what grandparents can give them.” – Jay Kesler. Perhaps the best wise words most of us have ever been given have come from a loving grandparent.
2. “What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.” – Rudolph Giuliani. The former mayor clearly knows how we all feel when we look back with reverence at how our grandparents used to slip us a snack or two before dinner!
3. “One of life’s greatest mysteries is how the boy who wasn’t good enough to marry your daughter can be the father of the smartest grandchild in the world” – Jewish proverb. No matter what grandma or grandpa thought of your mom or dad, rest assured that they would always love you no matter what.
4. “Our grandchildren accept us for ourselves, without rebuke or effort to change us, as no one in our entire lives has ever done, not our parents, siblings, spouses, friends – and hardly ever our own grown children” – Ruth Goode. In the same way, your grandparents would never ask you to change, the bond forged between grandparent and grandchild makes the child look up to them in wonderment. There is an eternal connection between the two that cannot be broken.
5. “I loved their home. Everything smelled older, worn but safe; the food aroma had baked itself into the furniture” – Susan Strasberg. Grandma and grandpa’s house was always a treasure trove of the past, of fun things and delicious food. As a child, it was always so mysterious to wander into your grandparent’s home and see things from times you weren’t around to experience or understand. That was usually when story time came in.
6. “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do” – Lois Wyse. The greatest comfort one can have is knowing that no matter what they do, grandma and grandpa will always brag about you to their friends.
7. “The history of our grandparents is remembered not with rose petals but in the laughter and tears of their children and their children’s children. It is into us that the lives of grandparents have gone. It is in us that their history becomes a future” – Charles and Ann Morse. Grandparents give us that support and context into the past that no one else can give us. We are the future because they were there to back us up and show us the past.
grandparents day greeting messages
grandparents day greeting card ideas
grandparents day greeting card download
grandparents day greeting card image
Thank you for visiting our blog grandparentvisitationblog.com keep visiting us for more information